Wednesday, October 25, 2006


LOVE THURSDAY 10/26/06

Love is...your best friend.

Younger son had a play date with his best friend this week. YS and Friend are 6 months apart in age (YS is older), but they're sometimes like twins. Friend's mother was my child care provider until I quit my job, so in some ways they have grown up just like brothers. But they get along with each other far better than either gets along with his brother. It really illustrates the differences between YS and older son too--my older son and friend's older brother are only 6 months apart too, and have grown up together, but MY older son has a terrible rivalry with friend's older brother. I'm afraid that my older boy is just a born competitor, and hates to have to share attention or anything else. Whereas younger son just loves everyone. Don't get me wrong--he can have his selfish moments, but all told he's really an easy-going guy. And I'm SOOO grateful! Happy Love Thursday. For more pictures of love, check out Chookooloonks or the Flickr photo gallery.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger MrsDoF said...

I came over for Love Thursday, and I do love the picture of the boys together. I did home daycare for 3 years, and yeah, the kids do the same things siblings do.

As regards your comment over there at Karen's--I hope you got a picture as soon as possible.
A friend of my son got married at the courthouse rather than all the hoopla of a wedding. My son insisted on taking a few pictures, well, just because. Probably to practice the skills he earned for a photography class in high school.
He said the instructor told them that a picture isn't always for who is in it, but a record for the future.
The young couple admitted a few weeks later that they do treasure the photos, and even had one put in the paper with an announcement.

Your son may, or not, stay friends with this little boy. As a mom, you will remember, and be able to tell the story. And thank goodness a second child is calmer than the first. I also know from experience!
~~love and Huggs, Diane

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Schatzi said...

Aww.. Nothing like the love for a best friend! Great photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home