I've been tagged to do this 25 Things thing at least 3 times and TAUNTED about not doing it once (I'm talking about you Rochelle!) so here you go:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. [Yeah, I'm not going to tag people. Do it if you want to].
1. I'm annoyingly noise sensitive. I cannot STAND to have a lot of noise and chaos around me. I feel like a terrible mom when I yell at the kids to keep it down even when they're just making happy noises.
2. I'm terrible at facial and name recognition. I'm always talking to people who know me and I have NO IDEA what their name is, even if I've talked to them every day for months.
3. I love teen fantasy fiction. My life is drama enough--I want ESCAPIST, easy-to-read literature. Keep your depressing literary giants and give me Harry Potter, Charlie Bone, anything by Tamora Pierce...
4. I feel like my two kids drive me insane sometimes, but I really wish we could have had more.
5. I mourn the daughter I won't have.
6. As much as I believe that we all have a responsibility to help each other and especially those less fortunate than ourselves, sometimes I just want to smack some people upside the head and scream at them to do better (this one copied directly from Shannon's list. I agree!).
7. I am really afraid that my kids will grow up and not call me and I'll die lonely and alone. Most of the men in my life don't have good relationships with their mothers...
8. I really would like to lose weight but I never seem to be able to start. Every time I tell myself I'm on a diet I binge eat. I should probably get therapy.
9. I bought a WII fit for myself and have done it 3 times since Christmas. I blame my hurt ankle, but really I'm just not motivated.
10. Self-awareness sucks.
11. I miss my job, but not going to a job. I was good at my job and I'm a terrible house-keeper. It's difficult to be motivated to do a job you hate that will just have to be done again tomorrow anyway.
12. I wish the boys would sit down to pee.
13. I'm a crier. I cry at sappy commercials, I cry in arguments, I cry if I'm happy, I cry if I'm sad. I cry in therapy. I cry at the mall. I need stock in a tissue company...
14. I'm a total Joss Whedon devotee, but I don't think that Dollhouse is going to be any good. I hope I don't jinx it!
15. I'm not religious, but I do believe that if my sports team is doing a bad job it's 'cause I'm watching and I'll turn off the game so they'll win without me watching. I have amazing jinxing power!
16. I have never understood why people like shoes. I have 5 pairs of shoes--3 pairs of Birkenstocks and 2 pairs of sneakers. Last week I only had 4 pairs of shoes but the orthopedist made me buy a pair of expensive motion-restricting sneakers. They hurt my feet.
17. I hate living in a place where everyone is just looking out for themselves and no one seems to care about anyone else. People don't hold the door, steal your parking space, cut you off in traffic. Why can't we just get along?
18. I don't believe in god but I worry about raising moral children without the help of an established framework. I send my kids to bible camp but feel like a total hypocrite when they want to share what they've learned with me and the best I can manage is a "some people believe that". I wish I had faith, but I just don't.
19. I love rollercoasters but HATE spinny rides.
20. I love to play games but don't usually care if I win. I will cheat to lose if it means we can play longer. I usually let my kids win at games. But it ANNOYS me to lose at trivia. A 12-year-old beat me by guessing at trivia at Chuck-E-Cheese and I HELD A GRUDGE!
21. I'm a really picky eater, and don't want to try new things: especially if the ingredients are mixed up or it looks like it might smell bad (not that it DOES smell bad, just that it MIGHT smell bad). I can't eat soup at all, even if I make it--everything is touching!
22. I really think my oldest would benefit from homeschooling, but I don't think I could do a good job of it.
23. I really wish my family and friends were closer but I'm a terrible phoner/letter-writer/emailler and don't do things to keep in touch to make it happen.
24. I HATE HATE HATE to write, but I will do research all day if you let me. I love the satisfaction of succesfully ferreting out some missing piece of information...
25. I really wish I had stayed a librarian and not gone to law school. I wanted to know I was smart, wanted to save the world, wanted I don't know what. I basically crippled myself financially and wound up not practicing law anyway. I would have been happier if I had just stayed a researcher. I hope I figure out something to do that makes me happy in this next work incarnation...
There 25 things. It didn't kill me after all!