Thursday, January 18, 2007

Love Thursday, Jan. 18, 2007

I've never particularly liked to play sports. I'm not a very competitive person--I like to play a lot more than I like to win. Ben does not share that quality. And he's found his sport early--the kid loves hockey (that's him shooting the puck in the picture, I know, Hockey players all look alike unless you can see their number!). He played his first "real" game the other day. It was a tiny bit disappointing to him--I asked him why and he said "I thought it would be more exciting". He didn't like the rotation system--there were two lines, and they were on the ice for 2 minutes, off the ice for two minutes. He didn't believe me when I told him that he played 1/2 the time: he was convinced that they sat him on the bench for most of the game. Like all fun things, the time he was playing went much faster than the time waiting to play. When we love what we're doing, the time goes fast. Happy Love Thursday, everyone! For more Love, visit Love is All Around

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Nichole said...

That's great that he's found a sport he loves! Hockey is great exercise, from what I understand. I can't imagine combining ice skating with anything other than trying not to fall down!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Love Thursday! Thanks for your thoughts on my blog, I really appreciate it. As for yours, I am completely in love with your kitten. Seriously, she is SO CUTE! And your son looks like he's got the makings of a hockey super star.
Again, Happy Love Thursday! :)
eyespeak

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Yup, the good times seem to fly by. Gotta hang onto those good memories.

Happy LT.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute!!

my boys want to play hockey too, the 4 year old is taking skating lessons this year... they can't wait!! :)

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger blogauthor said...

OK, that's just funny about feeling like he was on the bench most of the game. Boy math just doesn't add up does it?! lol ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home