Sunday, September 07, 2008


Today the boys found a turtle. Eastern Box, to be exact, Terrepene Carolina. He sure was cute. They wanted to "rescue him", but I convinced everyone to put him back in the woods where he belongs. I'm hopeful he wasn't too traumatized by the enthusiastic boy-handling. They were respectful, but still picked him up before they told me about it. I'm glad they wanted to help him, but wish they'd understand NOT to touch without getting a grown-up first. At least it wasn't a skunk, right?

3 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I love your blog--so glad to have found it. My kids are grown but the days that you write about were among my favorites. Enjoy them.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Danni said...

Turtles are so cool - I found one under my mom's car when I was a child just a bit older than your son(I named her Myrtle, of course) and we kept her in our kiddy swimming pool over the summer - then released her back into the wild. Very fond memory.
Now might be a good time to talk with him (if you haven't already) about certain animals we should always walk away from...like that SKUNK you mentioned!! :-) lol
Thank you for your kindness on my blog and your generosity to Lighthouse Farm - I was very surprised to get your comment this morning. It has made my day. -danni

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

You have GOT to blog more!! LOL THank you so much for stopping over to my blog! I will be back again and PLEASE come to mine again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home